Monday, October 25, 2010

Warm Winter Comforts II

Good afternoon and happy Monday! As promised, I have more Unity goodness for you today. This card uses Hip Hop Sketch #30 (shown at left) and again pairs images from the October and July Kits, just like yesterday's card. I knew what I wanted to do with the circle but figuring out what to do with all those layers was a bit difficult. For the big red panel, I ended up making my own patterned paper with the hexagons from the July Kit. They are subtle because I used Versamark ink. The green panel is textured so I didn't do anything with it except add stitching. The musical paper is from last year's Jolly By Golly.

The wreath, like yesterday's lace frame, is also from the July Kit and a favourite of mine to work with. I coloured in the berries using three shades of red Copic markers. Then I cut out the wreath as seen in Believe and Season's Greetings. Then I looped some twine over the top of the wreath and attached the mittens, adding little bows. The mittens dangle freely from the wreath adding even more dimension and movement when you pick up the card.

Sources: SU Kraft, Real Red & Whisper White cardstock; AC textured green cardstock; Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly paper; GinaK 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; Unity October 2010 Kit of the Month - Take Time to Laugh; Unity July 2010 Kit of the Month - Happily Ever After; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Versafine Versamark ink; Copics; Zig Emboss Writer; PSX Red & Malachite embossing tinsel; Hobby Hot Boss; The Twinery baker's twine in Peapod; Gutermann white thread; sewing machine; Glue Dots minis; Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hello there Emily, love this card, it's simply perfect, it has everything, style, warmth and class :0) xx

Janna Werner said...

what a cosy feeling I get when I look at that card, it is perfect, can´t wait to start into xmas time.

Janna

Angie Blom said...

OH Emily this is stunning.. I love what you did with my sketch.. LOVING this alot!!

Angela said...

Nifty, nifty card -- I love that the mittens dangle! Way to go on the trimming job too.

Lindsey said...

Ooh, hadn't seen you use this dp before... rather awesome! The red layer, with the Versamark pattern, is perfect, too. And the wreath... way too much fine cutting for me, but yours is amazing! And the tiny, perfect mittens again!

Alice said...

LOVE those mitten hanging down. fabulous card, Emily!

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!

Saskia :)