Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pink Cat Studio ~ Aug 19th Digi Release!

Good morning! Before I get to today's new digis I'd like to introduce you to Blobby, the newest character to join the Pink Cat Studio family!! He is cute, funny, sweet and cuddly. You'll definitely want him in your creative arsenal! Let's have a closer look at Blobby, shall we?

In his debut, there are three different images of Blobby offered and with any PCS purchase today only, you get Shopaholic Lily free! Blobby is just one of those little characters that fits the bill between masculine and feminine, boyish and cutesy. I decided to feature Blobby in a masculine birthday card to show his versatility.

This card was so easy and fun to make! First, I picked two fun yet masculine colours for my base. Then I impressed the front of the card and adhered the sentiment strip which was created by repeatedly stamping the Happy Birthday circle from Party Farm Animals. With a little cupcake in the centre, it's one of my favourites from the PCS rubber collection! After colouring Blobby to complement the cardstock, I popped him right in the centre close to the bottom of the card with glue dots.

When I showed the finished card to my son, he smiled, reached out with his arms and pursed his lips. He wanted to give Blobby a kiss! LOL It was one of those adorable, heart-warming moments I never want to forget! Thanks for stopping by today to share this new release and welcome dear Blobby to the PCS family, and maybe even yours! ;) I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sources: SU Basic Gray & Tangerine Tango cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Blobby Topsy Turvy Cake; Pink Cat Studio Party Farm Animals; SU Basic Gray ink; Copics; AtYou Spica glitter pen; PTI Sunshine Impression Plate; QuicKutz Epic Six; Glue Dots pop up relief

10 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh your blobby is superbly colored and that awesome texture really set this off! Beth

Heather said...

Love the colouring and blobby is really cute. Unfortunately I hear blobby and think of Mr Blobby (a uk children's character) that my little sister was scared of! However, doesn't detract from this little guy's cuteness!

G Peplow said...

Beautiful colouring Emily, love him against the grey background. Have a super day :D xx

Angela said...

Ha! Blobby is adorable! Love your card, too -- that impression plate is delish.

Melissa said...

Super fun card Em!
Hugs,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

OMG 'it' is adorable!

Meg said...

Such a cute card! I love the impression plate background--such a fun party look.

Did you change the look of your blog or am I going crazy (although those two options are not mutually exclusive).

Lysa said...

Oh adorable! Love all the textures and your color combo :)

Lindsey said...

I probably wouldn't give Blobby the stamp set a second look on its own. But now that I've seen your card... ;)

Sunghee said...

He is soooo cute! i need to buy him! I love the embossed background look, too! another must buy! great color combo!