Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pink Cat Studio ~ Mar 11th Digi Release!

It's Thursday and you know what that means...new digi releases from Pink Cat Studio! :D This week Itty Bitty Betty and Itty Bitty Bobby return in star costumes. How cute are they? I think most of Melissa's designs are extremely versatile but I think these have great versatility because they'll work for just about any occasion. I'm thinking they'd be perfect for birthdays, achievements, an every day perk-me-up, even Christmas if you want to think that far ahead! ;)

My friend Lexy's youngest daughter is celebrating her 2nd birthday later this month and I thought this week's new image of Itty Bitty Betty in a star costume would be perfect for her obsession with 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star'. I went with bright stellar colours typical of stars and suns, which are basically the first three colours in the rainbow. I coloured the costume with yellow Copics, then glittered it up with ancient gold embossing powder. I used the free sentiment 'Twinkle Twinkle' to create the background on the top half of the card and I used the two stars from the PCS rubber set Lily and Billy Accessories to create the star trail on the bottom of the card. As if there wasn't enough stars and sparkle, I finished by adding one little bling to the star wand in Betty's hand.

Thanks for looking and be sure to check out what the rest of the fabulous DT created for this week's release. Be sure to check back next Thursday (if not before then) because I'm giddy with excitement over next week's images! I can hardly wait a whole week!! :D

Sources: SU Real Red cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Provo Craft Slab IV dp; Pink Cat Studio Betty Star Costume digital image; Pink Cat Studio Lily and Billy Accessories; Memories Black ink; Copics; Forever in Time Gemstone Stickers; Zig Emboss Writer; Ranger Ancient Gold embossing powder; Hobby Hot Boss; SU Real Red 3/4" polka dot grosgrain ribbon; Gutermann metallic thread; dimension squares

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hey Emily! Wow, I love what you did with the background using the digi image. What a fantastic idea! Your ribbon trimming is awesome too. Such a fun card! Beautiful job on this week's release!!!

Maria

btenn said...

A beautiful card again! Sparkly, bright, beautiful and cheerful. Where did you get the free twinkle twinkle sentiment?

Anonymous said...

I have just found the pink cat shop/blog love your card its super ACE!! :0)