Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pink Cat Studio ~ Jan 7th Release!

Welcome to the first PCS release of 2010! It's finally here and I'm so excited to show you three more images from this week's release. Be sure to visit the other DT blogs to see the other two images in cards and other projects. I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on this image. What girl doesn't love a ballerina? Lily's flowing hair and those little flowers are to die for! This image doesn't even require much to look good. ;) I just added a little whimsical fence, a sentiment and I was done! P.S. I used the digital version of this image with flower and sentiment. If you choose the rubber version, you can leave out the flowers or add even more flowers and create a field of flowers for Lily to dance in! I think I'll be a proud owner of the rubber set myself because I see great versatility in those little flowers. ;)

Sources: SU Kraft & Chocolate Chip cardstock; Bazzill Basics textured red cardstock; Provo Craft Slab IV dp; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily Valentine Ballerina_With Flowers digital image (also available in rubber format) & free digital sentiment; Copics; Gutermann metallic gold thread; EK Success large & medium heart punches; Martha Stewart picket fence border punch; dimension squares

I won't go into too much detail about this card because it's the same image shown to you in yesterday's sneak peeks, only this one uses one of the other sentiments contained in the rubber set. I used very different colours in this card and anchored the nestie with ribbon in a fashion normally reserved for tags and ornaments.

Sources: SU Bashful Blue cardstock; Paper Reflections red cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily Valentine Fairy_I♥You digital image (also available in rubber format); Copics; Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large nestabilities; QuicKutz Retro Diamonds A2 embossing folder; QuicKutz Epic Six; Marvy Uchida 1/8" circle punch; Offray ribbon; Fiskars Apron Lace border punch; Gutermann blue & metallic red threads; dimension squares

It was so much fun colouring all these hearts! You may look at this image and be a little scared but have no fear. Once you sit down, pick your colours and start randomly colouring in those little hearts, you'll be done before you know it and be so pleased with the result. If you don't want to colour them individually you could just do an overall colour wash and then add highlighting or remove colour from random sections! I coloured Lily and Billy as me and hubby because I might give him this card on Valentine's Day. I used the wood-like paper to pretend we were lying in a pile of hearts on the floor making heart angels. Then I added the hemp cord for a little detail. Now that I think of it, it would be funny if I added a mini version of Billy in the middle to represent our son. LOL

Sources: AC textured earth tones cardstock; DCWV Green-Wood Natural cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy in a Pile of Hearts digital image (not available in rubber); Copics; Gutermann red metallic thread; Marvy Uchida 1/8" circle punch; Darice hemp cord; dimension squares

So what'd you think of this week's releases? Tempting, aren't they? All five images are available digitally and three are also available in rubber. If you can't resist then hurry on over to the Pink Cat Studio store for instant gratification! Don't forget that we'll have another release for you next Thursday that's sure to please again. I can't wait! :D

8 comments:

Vicki G said...

WOW! You've been busy Emily~! Love all your cards!

Happy NEw YEar!

Vicki

Kristen said...

Wahooo...look at you with all your GORGEOUS cards. I Love them all, great job with the new release!

Mariska said...

Gorgeous cards Emily! Love the stitching in the last two and I adore the way you've added the sentiment on the first! You rocked the peeks!!!

xxx
Mariska

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful cards Emily--I love the first one with her flowing hair coming off the side! And the others are sweetly divine!

hugz,
Suzanne

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

*LOVE* the chocolate/red color scheme on that first card!

Stamp and Smile said...

OMGosh Emily... these cards are AWESOME!! Love the hearts in the hair on the first card, textures and border trim on the 2nd card and the stitching and great work on coloring the image on the 3rd!!! So inspiring!! :)

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the colors you used. Love the designs, too, but your color combo is just stunningly beautiful. Very inspiring!!!

Tammy said...

WOW!! All of these are fantastic!! Your coloring is awesome! I just love the 1st one with the Kraft paper!! Too cute! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!