Monday, December 14, 2009

Itty Bitty Butterflies

*GASP!* These aren't Christmas cards! LOL I'm so happy I finally got to use more of my new SU supplies. I ordered the rich razzleberry cardstock and ribbon because it goes so well with a lot of my favourite dps including the Basic Grey Indian Summer collection. I thought I would use this pretty ribbon to dress up another one of the Pink Cat Studio digital images I hadn't played with yet, Itty Bitty Betty as a butterfly. I hope you're not bored with me using PCS images but since the DTs are on hiatus 'til January I thought I would feature some that you haven't seen on this blog yet.

I really love making my cards open at the bottom as opposed to the traditional style and ever since I rounded the corners on this birthday card and this Halloween card, I've had to try very hard not to make all my cards like this. ;) I thought this was a pretty style to go along with the dp and the image. Tilting the image was an afterthought but I really like how it looks since Betty's eyes are actually aligned with the horizon and she's really on her tippy toe! I left off sentiments so I could use these cards for any occasion. I don't think you can see it too well in the photographs but I used my AtYou Spica glitter pen on the centre of the flower in Betty's hair, her headband, antennae, inside the wings, and on the beads around her waist.

Sources: SU Rich Razzleberry cardstock; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Basic Grey Indian Summer maple sugar & cedar dps; Pink Cat Studio Itty Bitty Betty Butterfly digital image; Copics; AtYou Spica glitter pen; SU Rich Razzleberry 1/2" polka dot grosgrain ribbon; SU 1-3/8" circle punch

No comments: