Friday, August 28, 2009

Great Job

I've had this Billy coloured in and ready to go for weeks and maybe even months. I finally got around to making a card this morning and decided to use this Billy before his tools got lost as they've been floating around for a while now. Obviously it was going to be made into a masculine card. I wanted to avoid using kraft as a base but couldn't help myself with the fence. Of course I paired the fence with grass again - my favourite thing to do! I think a style may be evolving here? I picked a nice neutral background and finally fixed the tension on my sewing machine so the stitching looks way better than it did before. I love how easily this card came together but that's only because Billy was already done. This is the perfect card for that guy who helps you out with odd jobs around your house - your husband, boyfriend, dad, or random stranger! LOL ;)

Sources: Q-Print (white), The Paper Company (cottonwood, kraft) & DCWV (green) cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Billy; HOTP Tiny Words & Images; Memories Black ink; Copics; SU Crystal Effects; SU Large Star Punch; Martha Stewart picket fence border punch; Gutermann thread; dimension squares

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Billy is so sweet.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

I love your fences with the grass. I know that's a lot of cutting - I'm thinking someone needs to make a really great grass border punch!