Monday, May 25, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 88 [MOJO88]

Ooooh, this might be my best card yet! This little skunk was the last of the SU Pun Fun set so now I've used them all which I'm very happy about. I don't like buying sets if I'm not going to use all the stamps in them. I also really wanted to use a new border punch that I picked up while on vacation in Pennsylvania last weekend. It's a new one by EK Success and it's an alpine trail. Don't you love it? I'm pretty sure I'll be making tons of Christmas cards with it! Anyway, I couldn't decide if I was going to make the bottom of my card green with the trees along the top and cover part of it with the circle. I decided that would cover up too much of the trees, especially after I added the yellow rectangles. Finally in a flash of genius, I decided to make slits with an exacto knife along the edges of the lower body and slide the trail behind the little stinker (LOL). It made the perfect border for the sketch without having to use ribbon. I haven't seen this done before but I obviously haven't surfed every blog and craft site in the world so it may very well not be original. However, I like to believe that I was the first to think of it and I hope it's inspirational to you all. ;)

Here's this week's Mojo sketch:
And here's my card:
Sources: DCWV and Halcraft cardstock; Provo Craft papers; SU! Pun Fun stamp; Memories Black ink; Copic markers; EK Success alpine trail edger punch; Kane wavy edge scissors; SU! brads

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very cute!

Krista said...

Cute card !

Karen Motz said...

Hi Emily!
Love that little border punch you used on your card! You left a comment on my blog wanting to know more about crystal effects. Email me privately and I'll fill you in....I wanted to respond to you but can't find an email address for you. :)
karen_motz@yahoo.ca