Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mojo Monday Contest [MOJO85]

This being my first Mojo card was very difficult in many ways and I learned a few lessons. I started it yesterday extremely sleep deprived. I had also purchased a new camera and spent many hours trying to figure out why my PC couldn't read the camera when it worked fine on the laptop. To create this card, I wanted to use a particular ribbon and that was another mistake. It's like buying a belt and building my wardrobe around it. It's extremely difficult and rarely works. I had the right paper colours but things got complicated when I was trying to decide which colour to put in each section. I also think the image I chose was too big. If I had used a smaller stamp then there would've been more room to work around it. Then when I started colouring I realized my pencil crayons just aren't going to cut it and I really need to get more markers. I love my bellas but they never seem to turn out the way I want them to.

Here's the Mojo Monday sketch:
And here's my card:
Sources: Halcraft cardstock; Provo Craft paper; Stamping Bella pmsabella; Stampendous Hey There Cupcake; Memories Black ink; SU! Taken With Teal ink; Copic markers; Laurentien pencil crayons; Fiskars Threading Water border punch

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

were you in my house today!! hahaha!! super cute!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Well you did just fine! Wonderful job on the Mojo Monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.